Imaging Phenomics in Precision Medicine
Presented by: Dr. Loan Hoang-Sayag, Chief Medical Officer and Dr. Peter Bannister, Chief Technology Officer
Recent discoveries in the imaging of various cancers and diseases have shown that imaging features can reflect underlying disease pathophysiology. Imaging features may be apparent at the visual level to a skilled clinician, or may instead only manifest themselves at a much finer scale following image processing that is not routinely applied in the clinic.
Other features may only be identifiable when considering multiple image types in parallel. The quantification of these features, in order to identify fingerprints of a specific disease embedded in medical images, is known as Imaging Phenomics. With the use of deep learning technology and artificial intelligence, a new paradigm of computer-aided medical treatment is emerging and imaging phenomics may serve as another foundation for delivering precision medicine.
What you will learn in this webinar:
- An introduction to imaging phenomics
- The types of imaging features that may provide robust and non-invasive indicators of disease state
- Approaches that can be employed to train and validate prognostic models using deep learning and other artificial intelligence techniques
- Predictive solutions for cancer and diseases of the liver, prostate and lung
- Median’s iBiopsy® system for precision medicine
- A future look at next generation imaging and analysis