iBiopsy® is a phenomics platform specifically designed to acquire, index, and analyze thousands of individual phenotypes for the purpose of establishing biological associations with high predictive accuracy. iBiopsy® combines noninvasive imaging biomarkers with phenomic-based strategies to identify associations that may help to predict a patient’s response to treatment, thereby enhancing precision medicine. iBiopsy® will deliver an easy to use solution, decoding the biomarkers from standard medical images, to revolutionize the way we diagnose, treat and monitor patients with cancer and many other chronic diseases. iBiopsy® is available for investigational research use only.
‘Precision Medicine is about to revolutionize how diagnostic and biological data is used to pinpoint and deliver care that is preventive, targeted and effective’
Precision medicine targets patient-specific, individually-tailored therapies. To date, this strategy is largely based on a person’s unique genetic profile. However, despite massive efforts to develop new genomic profiling platforms, pharmacogenetic studies have mostly failed to successfully predict drug therapy outcomes in individual patients.
As a result, other strategies, such as phenotyping, are coming to the fore. However, most common diseases are multifactorial and clinical phenotypes (defined as any biological, physiological, morphological, or behavioral trait) are difficult to predict due to their inherent complexity.
Phenomics, the study of large numbers of expressed traits across populations, investigates how genetic information translates into a full phenotype. In short, phenomics is revolutionizing our ability to connect the genotype and phenotype.
Phenotypes are associated with biomarkers reflecting biological processes. The quantitative evaluation of these imaging biomarkers has the potential to open up the science of phenomics. Imaging phenomics has a number of key advantages:
- Noninvasive and derived from standard imaging tests
- Avoids limitations associated with tissue biopsies
- Leverages widely accepted criteria key to targeted therapy (e.g. RECIST)
iBiopsy®, Median’s phenomics platform, is specifically designed to acquire, index, and analyze thousands of individual phenotypes and establish biological associations with high predictive accuracy. iBiopsy combines noninvasive imaging biomarkers with phenomics to identify biological associations with the potential to predict a patient’s response to treatment.
- Enables large-scale analysis of individual phenotypes
- Introduces phenomics-based precision medicine into routine clinical practice
- Increases predictive value of targeted therapies, enhancing precision medicine
- Broadens imaging biomarker applications into targeted therapy discovery and assessmentDecoding phenotypes using imaging-based techniques is a highly active field of clinical research. iBiopsy® enables imaging phenomics on a massive scale, allowing simultaneous extraction and indexing of thousands of phenotypes based on biomarker profiles.
Decoding phenotypes using imaging-based techniques is a highly active field of clinical research. iBiopsy® enables imaging phenomics on a massive scale, allowing simultaneous extraction and indexing of thousands of phenotypes based on biomarker profiles.
iBiopsy® is available for investigational research use only.